I, too, sing America
I am the other person
They shun me and send me away
But I grow,
And become better.
I'll be there with them
When they tell me not.
Say to me,
"Go away, don't come here"
They'll see how better I am
And be ashamed--
I, too, am America
To be American it means that you are living in a nice house, a good neighborhood with friendly neighbors, and the stereotypical american is usually white, light brown or blonde hair with blue eyes. The stereotypical “American Life” is when you are doing great in life you are usually rich and traveling almost constantly and own expensive cars. Another stereotype people make about America is that things are going horrible here for mexicans and that even military and immigration are constantly in the streets. Another thing people believe is that everyone here has a perfect life and that we all have a lot of money. In mexico people think Trump is deporting mexicans at a mass scale, and that they constantly have the military in the area. Some also think that there is rarely any discrimination because of the constitution and that bad things rarely happen. Another lie people believe is that it is pretty easy to get from the bottom to the top because of movies or stories from people, they just don’t include all the hardships included with it. Some of the things people believe about America is that there is always a place to get a job, food, and some sort of housing. Also that when you are poor that things aren’t as hard which is true, because in other countries people can rarely even eat more than once or twice a day and we all have our 3 meals a day or more.
- Being an American is believing in the idea that you can have a better life and future. Also, it means having rights that everyone deserves and should have.
- You have the right to say what you want to say - freedom of speech
- Being an American is having the freedom to have hope, the freedom to have power, and the freedom to act
- For some, being American means being born in America
- The american life is a goal that most people strive for
- Being an American is obeying the law, but at the same time, changing it
For The Little Prince Project we got assigned chapter 21. The meaning we found in it was the relationships in-between the prince and the fox. The prince and the rose, and the fox and the humans.